Services@Home Caregiver Evening
Compensation: $22,280.00 - $27,830.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Good Samaritan Society Sioux Falls Services@Home
Address: 3700 S Kiwanis Suite #4, Sioux Falls, SD 57105 USA
Employment Type: Various Options Available
Do you have a passion for seniors and want to make a positive impact on their lives? Or looking for supplemental income?
Good Samaritan Society Services@Home division is hiring immediately! We re looking for enthusiastic, can do attitude caregivers to provide companionship, errand-running and other in-home caregiving types of assistance to assigned clients in a caring, safe and efficient manner.
- This is a PRN, 'On Call' evening position between 3 p.m.-11 p.m. including one weekend a month and at least two holiday's per year
- To learn more about what a Caregiver does, Click here
- As caregivers, our service is critical and we need your support as our residents are some of the most vulnerable.
'Give comfort to clients, makes you feel good, and you get paid for it is a blessing.'
- This position provides care to assigned clients in a caring, safe and efficient manner and is responsible to perform the following according to agency standards, procedures and individualized client service plans
- Assists clients with dressing/undressing as defined by client service plan
- Provides personal hygiene care (oral care, hair care, shaving, nail and skin care, bathing, toileting and/or peri care) as defined by the client service plan
- Transfers and provides client positioning and support according to service plan
- Assists clients with simple meal preparation
- Measures and prepares special diet according to service plan
- Assists clients with fluid and food intake
- Assists clients to keep home area clean and orderly and assists with laundry as defined by the client service plan
- Remind client of self-medication per service plan
- Reports any deviation of clients not taking meds per service plan
- Understands and accepts emotional needs of each client
- Observes behavior changes and reports to appropriate staff
- Adheres to applicable statutes, regulations and Federal program requirements regarding client abandonment
- Provides social interaction, conversation and activities that stimulate the mind
- Meets clients requests or service plan requirements or assures that another person meets those requests in a timely manner
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Prior work experience with seniors or disabled individuals is helpful, but agency will train employees as needed
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must have car insurance
- Must have a reliable means of transportation that can take you from client to client
- Friendly & Compassionate Attitude
- Must be able to work independently
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. The variety of benefits include health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visithttps//www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit https//www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
Req ID: req42097* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...