Do you enjoy physical work and assembling furniture? Do you enjoy working with customers and focusing on customer satisfaction? If yes, YOU should consider a career at HOM! 42% of everyone we hire is referral from an employee or customer- that says a lot about our culture. HOM Furniture ranks as one of the nation's largest furniture retailers serving customers in the upper Midwestern states of Minnesota, Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin. For this company, delivery assistants deliver and ride in a truck to deliver products and renders services. They also perform the following duties:
* Must be 21 years of age or older * Must pass a D.O.T. Medical Physical * Must have clean driving record * Employees in this position must maintain a well-groomed professional appearance, including no visible tattoos, no more than one stud piercing per ear, and a natural color hair. * Must be able to physically lift and/or move product weighing up to 150 lbs., and frequently lift and/or move up to 300 lbs. with other employees. * Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist driver in delivering furniture to customer's home or place of business and then successfully install and place furniture or provide instruction as necessary. * Responsible for delivering furniture in a timely and efficient manner. * Drive company vehicle when necessary. * Obtain customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery, and record transactions on customer receipt * Record delivery information on daily or delivery record. * Responsible for listening and resolving any customer complaints as they should arise, in a time oriented and efficient manner. * Ensure outstanding customer service and maintain positive customer relations * Navigate for driver using a map book or GPS system. * Assists driver in truck inspections as necessary. * Assistant will also work in the warehouse to load the truck if required, assuming responsibility for inventory on the truck. * Cleans inside of truck. * Inspects product and does any needed touch up. * During downtimes, may be required to work in the warehouse assisting customers with pick-ups, doing inventories and various other tasks assigned by the warehouse Management team. * Adheres to safe lifting techniques, follows proper training for learned job hazards and ergonomic risk factors, participates in departmental stretching program, and overall maintains a safe working environment. * Creates a positive company image by wearing uniform appropriately while grooming regularly. * Other miscellaneous duties assigned by driver, delivery manager, and service coordinators.
Education and/or Experience
* Must be working towards a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) * 1-3 years related experience and/or training
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. * Ability to write routine reports and correspondence * Possess skills to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. * Demonstrate the ability to communicate in English, both in a verbal and written format.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions, and decimals * Need to be able to compute rate, ratio, percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for sustained periods of time, move about on foot to accomplish tasks, use spoken word to communicate, and perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
The employee is occasionally required to sit or remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time; use hands to handle or feel objects with either the entire hand or fingers, including typing. Reach with hands and arms in any direction, ascend and descend ladders and stairs using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Stooping by bending downward and forward by bending at the waist, kneeling or bending at the knees to come to a rest on knee or knees, crouching by bending the body downward and forward, or crawling by moving about on hands or hands and feet. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data or figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects, and using measurement devices.
* Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form * Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Supervisory Duties and Responsibilities
* Regularly works in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles * Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration * Occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals * Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate * Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perfrm the essential functions
* CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS - DOT certification required. Must have a current driver's license.* Maintain a well groomed personal appearance, including no visible tattoos, no more than one stud piercing per ear, and natural color hair.