Do you have excellent customer service skills? Do you understand what it takes to make customers feel welcome and appreciated? Do you want to find meaning in your work? If the answer is yes, yes, and yes, we want to talk to you about a career at HOM Furniture!
HOM Furniture is a growing company that ranks as one of the nation's largest furniture retailers, serving customers in the upper Midwestern states of Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. Our Guest Services associates are friendly, energetic individuals who provide quality customer service to our customers. Whether they're answering phone calls, processing invoices, or baking cookies for our Cookie Shop, the ideal candidate will bring a positive and customer-focused attitude! Ideal candidates will have previous customer service experience and a passion for helping people. This position pays a very competitive hourly rate based on experience and has advancement opportunities.
Due to the nature of our business, weekends, evenings and holidays are when we are busiest, so you need to be available to work during these times but we do promote work-life balance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This individual must be at least 16 years of age.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Support Company Standards
* Start and maintain a welcoming and enthusiastic conversation with our customers until a Sales Consultant or Associate is available * Meet agreed upon customer interaction goals on a month to month basis * Meet agreed upon customer satisfaction goals on a month to month basis * Consistently demonstrates customer service skills using the HOM customer service method * Customer Service accuracy i.e., writing invoice, special orders, discounting, delivery charges, etc * Estimate accurate delivery dates to customer, based on knowledge of firm's own production and delivery schedules
GUEST SERVICES BEHAVIORS
* Demonstrate customer-focused attitude consistent with company guidelines * Maintain a professional, well-groomed appearance * Communicate effectively with customers in both verbal and written formats * Greet all customers * Determine customers needs using proper inquiries * Recognize and overcome customer objections * Process customer orders and returns, verify inventory status, schedule pickups and deliveries * Estimate delivery dates to customer, based on knowledge of production and delivery schedules * Ask for customers email address 100% of the time * Process cash, check, and credit card transactions and finance applications * Comply with the check and payment acceptance policies * Balance the books and determine the deposit * Operate and maintain the cookie shop while complying with health department standards and procedures; includes baking cookies, making coffee, and light cleaning * Collect and distribute memos, mail, and faxes * Assist Sales Manager and showroom staff in various support functions, such as verifying product information on invoices and customer account balances * Maintain daily reports including financed orders, sold not delivered, daily journals, thank you cards, special orders, and profit margins
Support a Positive Work Climate
* Support management and peers * Comply with policies and procedures * Embrace change * Demonstrate a positive mental attitude and promote positive morale * Train and assist others when needed * Willingness to adjust scheduled hours to meet store needs
Performs Non-customer Related Activities
* Price product for promotional events and regular maintenance of price cards * Light dusting and vacuuming * Maintain all areas of the showroom including personal workspace, all areas of customer contact including, traffic isles, closing stations, kids play area, front area, and all point of purchase displays
Education and Development
* Embrace training * Support all training endeavors * Complete all training lessons on a timely manner as directed by sales manager * Attend and participates in all training meetings, as scheduled * Recognize opportunity for self-improvement * Responsible for staying informed on all new and existing product lines * Mentor and coach peers as needed and communicate new procedures and expectations to peers * Learn changes/new skills * Make daily evaluations and improvements to customer service performance * Work with manager to improve performance and provide feedback to management and peers
Education and/or Experience
Candidate must have or be currently working towards a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three years related experience and/or training preferred.
This position requires skills to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Candidate must also have the ability to write simple correspondence. Employee needs to be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization while demonstrating the ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in written format. Speaking a second language is helpful but not required.
A mathematical aptitude to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals is important. This position also requires skills to compute rate, ratio, and percentage and the ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for sustained periods of time, move about on foot to accomplish tasks, use spoken word to communicate, and perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
The employee is occasionally required to sit or remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time; use hands to handle or feel objects with either the entire hand or fingers, including typing. Reach with hands and arms in any direction, ascend and descend ladders and stairs using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Stooping by bending downward and forward by bending at the waist, kneeling or bending at the knees to come to a rest on knee or knees, crouching by bending the body downward and forward, or crawling by moving about on hands or hands and feet. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data or figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects, and using measurement devices.
Employee must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Employee also needs to be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The location of this position may vary as business needs change. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.