Material Handler I
Employment Type: Full-Time
ABOUT POET BIOPROCESSING
Our 28 Bioprocessing facilities produce over 1.9 billion gallons of ethanol, 5 million tons of Dakota Gold distillers grain animal feed and 600 million pounds of our Voila® corn oil. That’s a lot of product! In addition, we provide CO2 to the beverage industry and contribute to sustainable roadways. We also buy 650 million bushels of corn per year from local producers. It is our role at POET bioprocessing to ensure safe, efficient, and profitable operations at each facility.
The Material Handler I is responsible for loading dried distillers grains, ethanol, corn oil, wet cake feed, distiller’s syrup, or biomass into trucks and rail cars. Team members in this position use mechanical equipment, meters or scales as well as computers and software equipment when loading products to ensure a timely delivery and product safety. Based on training provided, the Material Handler I may also complete the grading of grain products or biomass.
DURING A TYPICAL DAY (IF THERE IS ONE), YOU WILL:
- Load trucks and rail cars with feed and fuel products of POET bioprocessing facilities using mechanical equipment, meters and scales as required to ensure timely delivery of products.
- Assist with grain product or biomass and supply truck unloading functions.
- Complete the grading of grain products or biomass using training provided.
- Operate large machinery and equipment; may be required to obtain DOT certification.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Enter bins adhering to POET’s confined space procedures.
- Complete HAZMAT paperwork when necessary.
- Learn, maintain and operate all processes associated with the grains operation including repair and maintenance.
- Remove, install, rebuild, lubricate and clean all equipment associated with the grains process.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks as directed.
- Be required to work outdoor, weekend, and holidays.
- Must be able to meet call-in requirements as well as work extended hours as necessary.
- Assist with running the bioprocessing facility scale house and learn required software applications.
- Work in an honest and ethical manner; maintain confidentiality on all business related matters.
- Foster a culture of safe behavior and environmental compliance at all times.
- Maintain a team environment at all times and champion POET in the community.
- Since we’re all about teamwork and getting the job done, your skill may be put to a lot of other uses!
CHARACTERISTICS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience and knowledge in the operation of heavy machinery, skid loaders or other associated heavy loading or material-moving equipment preferred.
- Experience in truck loading and unloading, including rail tank car and tanker truck preferred.
- DOT certification preferred.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to embrace change.
- You know the basics of Microsoft Office Suite. You’re capable of learning new programs.
To review a complete job description click here.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Loading some great jobs for you...